[ale] Re: This bites (was Re: [ale] More on Mozilla/Java)

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 25 05:40:01 EST 2002

"James P. Kinney III" wrote:

> As is always the number 1 rule:
> Customer Service.
>
> It's not enough to make the best widget/gizmo/distribution since sliced
> bread. It's when a person calls in with a problem that the company has a
> chance to make a lifelong long, or just royally piss of a customer. A
> statistic I've seen many times is that one pissed customer will tell ten
> people, but one happy one will only tell two.

And what's a "happy customer"? One who's so utterly overjoyed
to use the product that they actually take the time to
mention it to someone else. It takes a *lot* of joy to make
a customer that happy, whereas the amount of frustration it
takes to produce a "pissed-off customer" is fairly small.

On the other hand, having millions of pissed-off customers
doesn't seem to be a problem for MicroShaft.

Cheers,

-- Joe
  Using open-source software: free.
  Pissing Bill Gates off: priceless.