[ale] Telocity DSL and pump

Master Wizard mainwizard at vei.net
Sat Mar 23 20:35:48 EST 2002

I used to have this problem with DirecTV DSL, but I was able to 'fix' it
by disconnecting the 900MHz cordless phone that I used in my Kitchen. I
also had to move the router away from my other computers/UPS.

The filters are no help for a 900MHz phone. The router is VERY
susceptable to RF interference. The other problem is that, at least in
my case, it would sometimes take an hour or two for the interference to
knock the router off-line. Made it look like something else was the culprit.

On the plus side, they did get BellSouth to check my line and it only
took 4 days :-)
Ed.