[ale] turntable -> tuner -> soundcard

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Mar 23 10:26:34 EST 2002

phrostie wrote:
> On Saturday 23 March 2002 08:46, you wrote:
>
>>phrostie wrote:
>>
>>>i've not done this myself but do you have an AUX out for a tape deck or
>>>something.  i would think that this is what you should use
>>>
>>Yeah, that's what I'm using.  My amp has turntable in, cd in, tape 1
>>in/out, tape 2 in/out, video 1 in, video 2 in.
>>
>>Are they still making amps with turntable in?
>>

> funny you should mention that.
> we pulled my old one out of the garage and dusted it off last night.
> kids wanted to listen to some of the OLD lp's.

Yeah, if I'd only known. Mine is/was the most expensive part of my
system, albiet the oldest as well.  I paid $700 when I purchased.

I usually end up taping pieces for my wife which she uses at school for
various purposes.  Most recently I put together a slide show on a PC for
her. RH 7.2, Netscape as the presenter.  Boots right into X and fires up
the slideshow.  Mouseless, keyboardless.  xmms for background tune.
Kinda like a kiosk. (sp?)  Using journalling file systems, so I told her
she could just power it off and back on if it ever had any problems.
She just left it on the whole week, nary a problem.

There's another teacher down the way that thinks he's a computer guru,
has a website with a bunch of neat games, but all he's done is linked to
other folks' sites.  Anyway I guess he's kinda got an attitude about it,
so my wife bumped into him the other day and asked him if he'd seen her
'linux box.'  He was puzzled, checked it out.  She powered it down and
back up so the boot stuff scrolling by would impress him. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net