[ale] OT: How fast is your connection, and how much do you pay?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Mar 22 21:20:29 EST 2002

Also consider that these connectiosn require a very high
MSS.  Your Linux box may not be setup for that but
maybe the set-top box is.  There reaseon for such
a high MSS is because of network latency and long-delay
paths.  Maybe more info is in RFC1323.  I'm not sure.

I can see how this would be a problem with telent.  Telnet
is basicaily a character byt character protocol.  So each
Key press requires 1 second of transmission. IT would take
me all day just to get through 1000 lines of code.  Then images trying to
scroll in VI.

Chris