[ale] Telocity DSL and pump

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Mar 22 11:33:55 EST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 09:13:58AM -0500, Paul D. Manno wrote:
> It does seem a most common problem.  In my case, a clever application of
> an X-10 firecracker module, bottlerocket software and a shell script have
> automated the reset process.  Love the service otherwise.

Very VERY careful.  A colleague at work fried his telocity gatwway last
night with one of those X10 gizmos.

Make sure you are using the switch meant for inductive loads.  The
standard one is meant for lights and the like -- and can send large
pwoer spikes into your electronics.  and the magic blue smoke will
escape.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344

 PGP signature