[ale] OT: Illegal XML Characters

David Corbin dcorbin at imperitek.com
Fri Mar 22 06:46:30 EST 2002

I am not an XML expert, but might it be the supplier is using UTF-8
without declaring it?.  I'm reasonably sure that XML supports a way to
declare the character set in use.  If that is the case, then it would
simple enough to add the declaration yourself.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that the XML is still
(technically) invalid.  To answer your question more directly look to
see what the default character set is if none is declared.

David Corbin