[ale] OT: How fast is your connection, and how much do you pay?

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Fri Mar 22 02:14:34 EST 2002

I am paying $40/month for CharterComm cable ($30 for service and $10 for
modem rental).  I get 65-95 kbps downstream at night, 35-50 kbps during the
day.  Upstream sucks.  It used to randomly drop every few hours, then one
weekend it got really slow, followed by ten days of downtime.  They finally
brought me a new modem and it hasn't dropped me since.

Krum