[ale] Recommendations/Caveats re: acquiring DSL service

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Wed Mar 20 16:33:42 EST 2002

I'm using a 3com OfficeConnect cable modem that I bought from Micro
Center.  I happened to check the rebate board and I saw a rebate coupon
for it, so I got it.  I had heard that the Toshiba stuff was pretty
good, but I got what I got and it seems to work OK.  It doesn't have a
built-in httpd, which is something I liked about my #%&%$^
Telocity/DirectTV service's DSL modem (if I could browse the modem, I
knew my firewall was giving me joy), but, oh well.

- Jeff