[ale] burning at 10x

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Mar 20 10:14:52 EST 2002

I would think that checksum would take one hell of a long time in
comparing every file on a newly burnt cd to a mounted iso file.  I guess
I could create a new iso file from the new cd and do the checksum on the
two iso files, but then I'm adding the possibility that the generation
of the iso from the cd was corrupt.

I'd be interested in hearing why cmp is limited, is it not doing a byte
for byte comparison of the two files?  How is this limited?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net