[ale] permanent networking solution?

ChangingLINKS.com ChangingLINKS.com at bigfoot.com
Wed Mar 20 00:46:56 EST 2002

Thank you . I tried it out but have not tested it yet. I tried to say
chkconfig --level 2345 vncserver on so that vncserver would always start on
my computer. Then I reboot. When I run chkconfig --list it shows that
vncserver is on on run levels 2, 3, 4, 5. I also look at the GUI "service
configuration" and it says that vncserver is supposed to start up in run
level 5.
The problem is that when I type ps ax, I don't see vncserver. Further, when I
try to connect from another machine, it won't connect. When I ssh in, and
start vncserver it starts up as :1 (which means that it was not running).

Am I doing something wrong here? How do I get vncserver to start up every
time the computer starts.

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 21:30, you wrote:
> chkconfig ipchains off
> chkconfig iptables on

Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com