[ale] VIA KT266A

Bradley Glonka bradley at linuxcentral.com
Tue Mar 19 13:13:23 EST 2002

I'm in the market for a new Athlon system.  I'm fond of Asus motherboards.
I know they are a bit over priced but I've had very little problem with
them over the years.  I'm aware the KT333 chipset is available but I
hate paying top dollar for the latest PC crap thet will be outdated in a
few months.

I'm almost settled on a the Asus A7V266-E.  Has anyone had good or bad
experience with this?

What the heck is an ACR slot?  Is this for a winmodem?

Has anyone tried the IDE raid with success?

How about the integrated audio?  I typically don't buy boards with onboard
audio but what the heck.  I'll save a few bucks.  This board includes a
C-Media CMI-8738.

Thanks for any opinions

--
Brad