[ale] VNC over SSH2

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Sat Mar 16 22:29:13 EST 2002

I've experienced something very similar, and I discovered that the machine
that I was VNC'ing ON to didn't have a route back to my machine (because I
was changing the gateway (installing a VPN [via Box Toxen/bob at cavu.com]).
It might not be the solution, but make sure that the machine in question
knows how to send packets back to the gateway.  VNC will provide a password
prompt dialog box with one way traffic, but will hang shortly thereafter.

Strange?            Yes!
Why?                I dunno!
Want details?       Contact off list!

Happy St. Pack Tricked's Day!-