[ale] What happened to my win partition?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Mar 16 10:39:48 EST 2002

Does not sound like fun. You can pull the drive cable off the Mandrake
drive and boot from the WinME CD and do a restore. Not recommended as it
will probably croak what you have installed. also there is a "fdisk
-mbr" command using a dos floppy that should restore the MBR if that is
what is scrambled. Better check the syntax of that before you use it.

But it sounds like during tinkering with lilo, you unconfigged the
windows boot. Can you post your /etc/lilo.conf file for a look-see?

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>