[ale] OT: BIZ Registration Intellectual Property Claim Dispute

Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu Stan.Hearn at ipst.edu
Fri Mar 15 15:24:13 EST 2002

I think at this point we don't have to do anything except tell the
registrars to proceed with our entry, right?

If I actually win the domain, then it's up to the claimant to file a
dispute (under STOP) and justify their claim. Then I think I get to respond
- that's where I get to say they have no claim. If the claimant doesn't
file a dispute, then I get it.  Is this right?

It IP claim is for paper.biz.  The IP claim is from:
1a.  Intellectual Property Claimant's Contact Information
         SHREDAWAY LIMITED
         STORER HOUSE COOPERS LANE

         POTTERS BAR
         HERTFORDSHIRE
         EN6 4NE
1b.  Trademark or Service Mark:  paper
1c.  IP Claim String and Identification Number:  paper.biz   3986
1d.  Description of Goods and/or Services:  The on-site shredding of
confidential paper documents. Simply the best www.shredaway.co.uk
1e.  Alleged Date of First Use:  2001-05-24 00:00:00.
1f.  Country of First Use:  GBR.
1g.  Trademark Status:  Common Law
1h.  Date "Registered" or "Applied For":  Not Applicable
1i.  International Class:   Not Applicable