[ale] Anyone here use Zope?

Ron Cordell roncordell at attbi.com
Thu Mar 14 20:05:38 EST 2002

That's pretty close to my take on things as well. But John's list of
requirements isn't great; database speed can be had by connection pooling and
data caching. The extent of these services dictate what strength of
application server you might want to use. If the database driver already does
pooling for you, then perhaps Apache/Tomcar + Struts or Velocity is a good
way to go. If you want more services provided, then J2EE is it. JBoss is an
excellent open source J2EE server if you don't need industrial strength
transactions to enterprise data sources. I also agree with Arafat Mohamed's
appraisal of the number of degrees of freedom that one can get with the Java
platform, from the UI (Struts, Velocity, JSP, servlets) to the backend
(servlets, JDBC, JCA, JMS, J2EE, TLA1, TLA(n) ;-)  ).

-ronc