[ale] Ginstar PC's

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Wed Mar 13 10:03:57 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Keith Hopkins wrote:

> David S. Jackson wrote:

> > Has your experience with DFI been without incident?

I have the DFI cheapie socket-7 (from CompuTime, I think) and have had no
problem with Linux (RH-6.2) installation nor running on it. I do have some
'Catch22' problems setting up MsWin95 because:

 1) The drivers for some MoBo chips (including some secondary IDE
features) are delivered on CD, but
 2) My _old_ Win95 on diskettes doesn't know anything about CDs.

This generates a certain amount of beating 'round the bush. RH-6.2
out-of-the-box recognizes and uses the MoBo chipset just fine (at least
what I use - I haven't used USB for example).

 - John Mills