[ale] messenger

Michael Still (mikes) MikeS at McBurney.com
Tue Mar 12 16:45:29 EST 2002

I'm a little late to jump on the boat here, but I just installed the
Crossover app last night and noticed that it had support for Trillian.  I
loaded it and it came up great.  I use it for icq/aim/y! but not msn,
although it is supported.  Oh and it does irc.

Trillian: http://www.trillian.cc/
Crossover: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover/

Yes Trillian is named from Trillian from h2g2

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey [mailto:esoteric at 3times25.net]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 12:23 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] messenger

David S. Jackson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 04:19:30PM -0500 phrostie <pfrostie at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>i have a friend that i've been trying to get online for years. he
>>finally made the jump into the internet, but insists that i contact
>>him on MSN messenger.  is there a linux workaround?
>>

> gaim supports the msn messenger protocol.  you have to register with
> msn, though.  ugh.

Which means you have to get a M$ passport, which means you're giving
away your privacy to Microsoft.  Nope, not for me.  I'd tell my friend
to go to another service.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

I didn't have to buy my radio from a specific company to listen to FM, why
doesn't that apply to the Internet (anymore...)?

---
This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list. See
http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml for more info. Problems should be
sent to listmaster at ale dot org.