[ale] Internet Connection

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 12 09:48:31 EST 2002

Joseph A Knapka wrote:

> "ChangingLINKS.com" wrote:
> >
> > What is a "default route" How can I fix the problem of "not having a default
> > route?"
>
> "dhclient" and "dhcpcd" are two programs that
> acquire dynamic IP addresses;

... and when doing this, normally, they also provide
a default route, and rewrite your /etc/resolv.conf file
to contain the correct nameserver addresses.

</forgot_to_actually_answer_the_question_doh!>

Cheers,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"