[ale] KSU meetings

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Mar 7 13:49:17 EST 2002

I'm still working on the KSU meetings.  At this point we have the go
ahead to do this, with the stipulation that it be presented as part of
the student chapter of the ACM.  I want to know if there is a problem
with this.  The reason for this is that they will not permit meetings by
outside organizations (apparently, regardless of the fact that our taxes
are paying for the facilities).  So, this is kind of a loop hole.  The
way it would go is someone at the beginning of the meeting would open it
as an ACM meeting and would introduce the ALE representative, and the
meeting would be an ALE meeting from that point.

Again, it's a loop hole to get in the door.

So, what do folks think?  Is there a problem with this?

If there is not, then I need to get folks preferences regarding time/day
of the month.  My suggestion is that not be on the same day as the Emory
ALE meetings, so folks have the option to attend both.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net