[ale] source control/patch management system

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Mar 7 10:48:18 EST 2002

    Tommie> I am looking for software that will handle source control
    Tommie> and force users to enter Bug tracking numbers to correlate
    Tommie> with the revision level of files.

    Tommie> Also it should have some sort of report mechanism where If
    Tommie> I give it a issue number it will list all the other
    Tommie> files/bug tracking numbers that need to be installed as
    Tommie> well.  This will make it real easy to create patches.

        You might could get CVS to check for a `BugID' token in the
message in the commit check script (can't remember what the exact name
of this is at the moment) and have it refuse the commit unless it's
present.  Then you could just search through logs for that token.

        Alternately you might want to look at a commercial solution
like Perforce or ClearCase (the former actually being available free
for qualifying open source projects), which probably have such
functionality.

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=