[ale] nfs rpc.mountd options

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Wed Mar 6 18:49:41 EST 2002

Geoffrey wrote:
> I'm trying to debug a problem with nfs.  man rpc.mountd lists a
> '--debug' option, yet rpc.mountd --help says it's '--debug kind'
>
> Anyone know what the hell 'kind' is supposed to be??

my man page lists "facility" instead of "kind".

NAME
        mountd - NFS mount daemon

SYNOPSIS
        /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd [ -f exports-file ] [ -d facility ] [ -P port ] [ -Dhnprv ] [ --debug facility ]
        [ --exports-file=file ] [ --help ] [ --allow-non-root ] [ --re-export ] [ --no-spoof-trace ] [ --version ]

        -d or --debug
               Log  each  transaction  verbosely to standard error. Valid log facilities are call for the logging of all
               calls, auth for client authentication, fhcache for operations of the file handle  cache,  and  rmtab  for
               manipulation  of  /etc/rmtab.   By  default,  log output is sent to syslogd unless the daemon runs in the
               foreground.

so...

   --debug all
   --debug auth