[ale] Sourceforge it?

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Mar 6 15:50:12 EST 2002

There have been more than a few concerns expressed regarding some of
SourceForge's policies in light of their parent company's new commercial
initiative for the product behind it. I specifically remember that someone
complained that they might not be able to cleanly copy all the information
in a SourceForge project DB should something happen (VA goes under, SF.net
goes pay-only, etc.).

OTOH, some folks took a pre-commercial snapshot of the SF system code and
have created a "freer" site called Savannah ( http://Savannah.GNU.org/ ).

<hire-me/>