[ale] slaving a process

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Tue Mar 5 14:41:27 EST 2002

I have a executable that I want to slave to a perl script.
Basically it is a menu driven compiled program... we will call it 'Menu'

I have a perl script that I want the Menu program to read stanard input
too and write standard output too.

The perl script I can change.  The menu program I cannot.

So given this I was thinking along the lines of

menu_driver.pl | Menu > /tmp/named_pipe.out

and then have menu_driver.pl read from the named_pipe.

Will this work.
Is there a better way.