[ale] MP3 Player on a floppy

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Mon Mar 4 10:30:06 EST 2002

Last Friday ZDNet's Screen Savers did a piece on converting old PC's into
MP3 players.  All the solutions were Windows based (sadly).  At the end
the older guy said that Unfortunately they did not have a Linux
(because nobody there is a Linux guru) solution but would love for a few
Linux geeks to suggest something.  An MP3 player/linux distribution of a
floppy would be great.

Does such a beast exists.  If not is anyone willing to crank one out.  I
think this would be pretty cool.

Also it irritates me that they dont have a Linux Guru there.  I know linux
at best has a 3% desktop market share but they are always doing things
about Macs on their site.  I'm sure that they have more Linux users
watching the show than Mac Users.

I guess it is because Linux Users don't spend as much money as Mac Users
do so their audience is not as valuable.