[ale] lilo/grub question

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Sat Mar 2 17:36:16 EST 2002

Can anyone give me an easy way to dual-boot linux/winME?

Here's the setup:
I have winMe on /dev/hdb and linux on /dev/hda.
I am currently swapping drives in the machine.

I did dd of=winc.bootsector if=/dev/hdb1 bs=512 count=1 to grab the
bootstrap

I'd like to use lilo as the bootloader.

The problem:
I tried adding a windows setup to lilo but it gives me an error.
the lilo.conf stanza's read:

other=/dev/hdb1
 label=WinME
 loader=/boot/winc.bootsector
 table=/dev/hdb

image=/boot/vmlinuz
 label=linux
 read-only
 root=/dev/hda1

Can anyone recommend anything I can do?  I've read the doc's but they all
assume NT is involved in the mix (boot.ini) or that your booting from
Windows.

TIA,
CB