[ale] Palladium/MS: ideas for retaliation - WAY OT now!!!

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sun Jun 30 00:24:44 EDT 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Geoffrey wrote:
> I've got to tell you, I respect you a lot for your knowledge and
> postings to the list, but this kind of attitude makes me want to puke.
> You have no idea what a teacher goes through, and it's only gotten
> worse.  Parents no longer raise children.  They expect the schools and
> summer camps to do that.  Yeah, we're all putting in long hours, but
> don't bad mouth teachers until you know the whole story.

I wasn't badmouthing teachers. I guess the point I was trying to get
across is that the myth that all teachers are underpaid, much like the
myth that all IT professionals are overpaid, is just not grounded in
reality. Should teacher salaries be improved? I'd say yes, but not as
drastically as some would say. If I were given a magic wand and told to
pick three career fields to give immediate salry increases to, teachers
would probably be first, followed by the military and local law
enforcement...emphasis on local. Your wife sounds like she truly gives
herself completely to her students. If all teachers performed at that
level, our education system would be in much better shape and teacher
salary increases would garner a great deal more public support, along with
tuition reimbursement programs and other such benefits.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security