[ale] Linux on Laptops

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 29 08:04:05 EDT 2002

I just installed RH 7.2 on a Dell Inspiron series. Partitioning the disk was a
little difficult, but I finally relied on parted for that and it works really
well. Once partitioning was done, Linux installation went by without a hitch.

Parted rocks, by the way. You can download a boot and root disk for splitting
your Windows partition. It's way superior to FIPS.