[ale] simple apache question..

David Bronson dbron at roman.net
Thu Jun 27 15:49:14 EDT 2002

I would guess that you don't have a file called whatever your
DirectoryIndex defines it as, or default of "index.html", so the server
is only able to give a directory listing, which is not allowed by the
current Options setting. You can test this theory by adding:

 Options +Indexes

to your config (be sure to restart Apache). If you then get a directory
listing, this was your
problem.

DB