[ale] Palladium/MS: ideas for retaliation

Mark Angeli webmaster at tinyminds.org
Wed Jun 26 12:28:41 EDT 2002

It seems thats being done some places!!

>From a message board:

Here in Norway a lot of people has made "School linux".
They have translated all documentation and over 300 programms and made a
distro specially for the school marked in Norway.
Norwegian schools spend all in all 175 mill ( !!! it is a fact ) NOK ( about
$20 millions ) on licenses, most of which ends up at Microsoft.
Now the project, which is named "SkoleLinux ( = SchoolLinux )", has reached
the beta stage and are now testing and releasing the first release. Norways
Linux Magazine has a copy of it in their latest issue, and they hope to
receive help from Linux people across Norway.
Out with Windows and MS Office and in with Linux and Open Office.

I think it's a GREAT idea, and hope they suceed. I will propably do the best
I can to help this project.

http://www.dagbladet.no/kunnskap/2002/06/26/340027.html ( <-- the article is
in Norwegian... )

the distro is based on the Debian platform.
http://www.skolelinux.no/
Again .. it is in Norwegian, but you can always get the download if you
wanna try