[ale] ssh remote root exploit :-(

David Bronson dbron at roman.net
Tue Jun 25 13:20:13 EDT 2002

Hi Dow,

FWIW, I am convinced of the authenticity.

I think privatesep is only supported in 3.3.

#debian on openprojects is a good source for Debian information. Woody
and Potato now have *ick* patches. Unfortunately, the patches really
don't fix the issue; they just supposedly limit the impact.

I don't follow other distros closely so I can't be much help there.

DB