[ale] ssl hijacking attempt

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Mon Jun 24 19:52:41 EDT 2002

Can you post the link you were following?  Was it a link to a site on
your own box or an external link?

An external site setup to establish an additional SSL tunnel would be
evaluated by your browser's list of certificates.  Your browser might
have had the new certificate authentication process piped thru your
current tunnel and assumed it was from your machine and not the external
machine.  I am guessing here.  Anyone want to criticize the logic?  Have
you tried visiting the site directly and not thru the tunnel?
Dow