[ale] rated user load?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Sun Jun 23 13:26:22 EDT 2002

Can you elaborate on what this server will be doing?  What will the
users be running?

Just from what you've indicated, that lone drive is your biggest
Achilles' heel.  Not only is it a big single point of failure, but if
it's forced to read and write a lot at the same time, that could be a
bit of an issue.

If your objective is to handle multiple X sessions (a la LTSP), I think
you'll find that you can handle a WHOLE mess o' folks with that kind of
HW.