[ale] Question on bootable ISOs

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jun 21 15:11:57 EDT 2002

cfowler wrote:
> Is I try to open /dev/fd0 from a bootable ISO's initrd does it open the
> boorable image or actually try to open the real floopy disk.

I would expect that since /dev/fd0 is a reference to the floppy device
on a normal system and resides on a hard drive, the same would apply in
this situation.  What does it matter what the bootable media is, hard
drive, floppy or cd?

So, my guess is, you would be opening the real floopy disk.  Let me know
if I'm wrong?

By the way, you'd be better off replacing that floopy disk with a floppy
disk. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net