[ale] ext3 recovery

MCover geek0goddess at netscape.net
Fri Jun 21 14:20:08 EDT 2002

Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:

>I've never spoken to a geek goddess before, I bow... :)
>
>MCover wrote:
> > Of course the veteran among you are going to laugh at me but my
> > /etc/fstab file was edited and this line was added:"LABEL=/home
> > /home       ext3    exec,dev,suid,rw,ursquota,grpquota  1   2" The
> > /home was never mounted originally the only previous labels in the
> > fstab were: LABEL=/ and LABEL=/boot. And guess what now my unit
> > does not boot in RH 7.3.
>
>When you say it doesn't boot, how far does it get?  Do you get any error
>messages?  I wouldn't expect not being able to mount home would stop it
>from booting.  Are all the partitions ext3?

Well during the boot checks we have all the oks but mine have
checking root file system
then
could not find matching filesystem:LABEL=/
then
[FAILURE]
then
***An error occured during the file system check.
***Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
***when you leave the shell
Give root password for maintance
(or type Control-D for normal start up)
//if i press control-D my unit does not reboot (that is a bug within OB6000), if i enter the root password i have a prompt like this (Repair filesystem) 1 #
but everything is read-only, i cannot even chmod for my file