[ale] hard drive won't mount

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 20 10:26:51 EDT 2002

I already had some file system problems and now things have gotten much
worse. Whenever I try to boot up to Linux, it wants to run fsck. But if
I let fsck run, it won't complete but exits with a "Signal 7". I can use
Tom's Root/Boot disk, but it can't mount the hard drive either. And of
course if I try to run fsck from there, it also errors out. Do I have
any options left? This is a RedHat 7.2 distro.