[ale] ALSEG

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 18 15:15:11 EDT 2002

Chris Woodruff wrote:

> Actually ALSEG was started to have a group where developers could meet.
> ALE has had many developer topics but it is a user group for Linux not a
> developer group.  We wanted to have a group where developers could
> exchange ideas and discuss topics each moth.

Perhaps, rather than a completely semarate group, it
might make sense to have some sort of "SIG" (spacial-
interest group) within ALE? The meetings could be
appended to ALE meetings, could get their own booth
at any post-meeting feeding frenzies, etc. I expect
there would be a couple of other SIG-worthy topics
as well, judging by the list traffic.

Just a thought, since I'm unlikely to ever make it to a
meeting of either organization :-) Though I'd certainly
attend both if I was still living near Atlanta.

Hoping no one remembers that I never attended an
ALE meeting when I lived in LaGrange,  :-)

-- Joe

> Anyone is welcomed to join.  The website will be up at www.alseg.org
> soon.  The next meeting will be in September.

> Chris Woodruff
> PrimeHarbor Technologies, Inc.
> www.primeharbor.com
> cwoodruff at primeharbor.com
> (770) 307-8590

   "Thanks to Microsoft, I am now blind in both eyes. They have
    rolled back in my head so many times this week that they
    are apparently stuck there now."
      - Jonathan Rickman, regarding M$ anti-open-source PR.