[ale] 486's as routers?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jun 18 13:59:32 EDT 2002

Stephen Turner wrote:
> whats the benifits besides cost to using linux on a 486 as a router?

People will think you're cool and you'll save room in the trash heap for
something else.:)

> whats the negatives?

Depending on what you intend to use it for, it's obviously slower then
later technologies.  For your home, it would suffice.   For Home Depot
hqtrs, don't try it.

> im curious mostly but, i was wondering in case i ever wanted to implement
> them in a buisness setting.

Very small businesses likely, but you can get a pentium class machine
for near nothing these days.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net