[ale] OT: Wireless access points?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Tue Jun 18 09:21:44 EDT 2002

To be honest, it is *much* more difficult on Linux.  It is true that Linux
users are _generally_ more intelligent, but that is not always the case, nor
can it be a prerequisite if Linux is to gain market share.

> Too bad there's not a "General Thinking Assessment Exam" requuired
> before the purchase of computer technology. But that would put M$
> out of business.

I would have to disagree.  Bill's vision (which led to him having more cash
and clout than you or I will ever have), heavily revolved around building an
OS that did *NOT* require such exams or tests in order to use.  It put him
*in* to business.

Now, neither of us feel that Bill does everything right 100% of the time,
but we have to be man enough to also admit that he did do some things right
somewhere less than 100% of the time. ;)

-Jim P.