[ale] OT: content-disposition and client-side perl

jenn at colormaria.com jenn at colormaria.com
Thu Jun 13 01:20:25 EDT 2002

I'm trying to do the following, and I don't even know where to start
looking forassistance:

0 - User registers application in browser to handle .cex (custom extension,
as an example only) with a client side perl script I've written.
1 - User hits web application, which generates text for them to d/l.
2 - Web app sends these headers:
      content-type = application/cex;
      content-disposition = inline; filename=myfile.cex;
      content-length = 1024;

3) perl script on client side reads in data and does its thing (using
perl/TK,this is a windows app, blech).

So I've got 0-2 working great.  And if I *download* the file, I can run
the perlscript just fine.  The missing piece is, how on earth can I make perl read
thedata being pushed by the browser as if it were STDIN ??

If anyone has any resources for something like this, search phrases to hit
google/devshed with, anything at all I would be eternally grateful.   In
theoryit should be doable but I am boggled as to how.

TIA!
jenn