[ale] Recommendations on mirrored LVM..?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jun 13 20:23:31 EDT 2002

Use LVM to group the partition slices into logical disks. Then just use
the logical disks to make your raid 1 drive.

As of now, there is no distribution that supports this on installation,
yet. The RedHat professional server is slated to do this. But it is
still in beta.

It is much easier to just add a pair of hard drives as raid 1 mirrors
and use the entire she-bang for the storage unit.

LVM is great for a production box where you need to reallocate space on
the fly for a growing filesystem (think "database").

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>