[ale] ale-NW bash presentation: need copies...

Andrew Grimmke grimmke at directvinternet.com
Mon Jun 10 15:40:57 EDT 2002

David,

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this
presentation.  Thanks for doing it.

Regarding copies, I can't do them all, but I can do a
significant handful (10 or so depending on how far over
30 pages you go.  Remember, small fonts are your
friend).  Maybe there are some other folks who can
print their own and also do a few copies copies to
share, in which case we can spread the burden around
and have it covered.

Andrew Grimmke

On Mon, 10 June 2002, "David S. Jackson" wrote

<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> > If it is in electronic format, I can convert to
PDF.

> I'm authoring the thing in LaTeX, so PS is pretty
convenient.  I'd like
> to put the LaTeX source as well as PS documents up,
so people can alter
> the source if they're so inclined.
>
> My main problem is making copies.  It would cost me a
fortune, and I
> cannot depend on everyone to hit the website and
print their own copies.
> I *need* people to have a copy in front of them.  To
make notes on as
> well as corrections.  Then take that home and
experiment.  I don't see a
> workable way around making a bunch of copies.  Hence,
I am hoping that
> someone at the university or organization can expense
it somehow.  For
> 40 copies of 50 pages at $0.07 per page, that would
be $140 before tax.
> That's more change than I can afford to drop on
copies.

> Any ideas?
>
> --
> David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net