[ale] External USB modems

sangell at nan.net sangell at nan.net
Wed Jun 12 15:44:23 EDT 2002

My advice would be don't! Try to get the Alcatel External Speedtouch. I
have set up the USB for friends and I feel the External is easier to
configure and is more reliable. I do know linux drivers are available for
the Alcatel USB (blue stingray type) but thats the only one I have had
dealings with with linux.

Just my opinion.

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
\_    Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA           _/
\_    MIS Operations Manager               _/
\_    TSYS Debt Management             _/
\_    Norcross, GA                                   _/
\_    Phone 770-409-5570                    _/
\_    Fax      770-416-1752                   _/

                    cfowler
                    <cfowler at outpostsen       To:     ale at ale.org
                    tinel.com>                cc:
                                              Subject:     [ale] External USB modems
                    06/12/2002 03:40 PM

Anyone here using an external USB modem?  Is there anything I need to
know before purchasing one?

Thanks,
Chris

be