[ale] apt-rpm is awsome

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Jun 10 14:32:30 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 15:19, John Wells wrote:
> Has the list of available rpms increased?  I know when I tried this
> (around six months ago), the rpms available to apt-rpm were lacking.  I
> then switched to rpmfind, which had a more encompassing list available.

I don't know if it is growing.  Unfortunately, Mandrake uses another
system (urpmi), so the rpm based systems are fragmented.  I found that
it is pretty easy to set up an apt-rpm server, so I hope that  support
grows.

You might try this site.  It has a bunch more stuff in it (about 100
additional rpms).
# Red Hat Linux 7.3 from freshrpms.net (includes synaptic)
rpm http://apt.freshrpms.net redhat/7.3/en/i386 os updates freshrpms
rpm-src http://apt.freshrpms.net redhat/7.3/en/i386 os updates freshrpms

--Michael