[ale] VNCserver

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Jan 31 09:23:29 EST 2002

lol!

Peace, friend...

My reply to you was in response to *your* reply of:

> I ain't a programmer, and I am a Linux Newbie.

when someone simply told you that the answer was in a How-To, and pointed you to where it was.

This was the sole source of my reply.  Not that you were asking for help, but the *way* you were asking.  In a nutshell - your 'attitude'.  Imo, *your* reply was terse, and a tad bit demanding.  That's what prompted my reply, which I *intended* to be helpful - sorry you didn't see it that way.  Obviously, it is very easy for misunderstandings to occur in an email medium, as there is no way to convey facial expressions or tone of voice, and apparently this is what happened here.

So, I offer my apologies for any misunderstandings, and will endeavor to be less critical in the future.

I have to ask myself, though - if you were truly offended by my post, which was, imo, reasonably civil, what are you gonna do the first time you get truly flamed?  Your response to me, imo, was overly harsh, considering what prompted it.

And yes, you *are* wrong, again imo - Linux is *not* for the casual User who has no interest in the 'learning' aspect of it.  Don't get me wrong, I am welcoming every advance in the 'ease of use' department that comes with each new distro release, and with each passing month.

As I said, there is a great community of people out there willing to help, but you won't get very far with them with this 'attitude' of yours.

Best Regards,

Charles