[ale] Anyone using AMANDA?

Bradley Glonka bradley at linuxcentral.com
Wed Jan 30 15:03:21 EST 2002

Amanda is nice.  Certainly not as full featured as Networker but hey its
free.  You can reliably back up and restore file systems.

You can backup windows shares via samba(on any client).
It has a bit of a problem with recylce bin and open files, but you should
expect that from windows.

Its pretty straight forward to set up.  Curtis Preston has a chapter on it
in the backup book from oreilly.  That chapter is online at
backupcentral.com.

--
brad