[ale] Has the IT market bottomed out?

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Wed Jan 30 09:37:55 EST 2002

This is right.  Another way to lower the price is to build a fancy
customized assemply system.  It costs a lot up front, but if you
spend the time and money to build the tools to make the device
(injection molding, or custom sheetmetal cutters, etc) the per unit
costs can be much lower.  But you need a whole heck of a lot of units
to amortize the expense.  If you are selling enough units you might
even build a whole factory for them (think chips or cars).

--Michael