[ale] Reply to ALE messages

Ken Kennedy kkennedy at kenzoid.com
Tue Jan 29 16:46:18 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 02:15:51PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> > Does it annoy anyone else that when you reply to a message
> > from the list, it goes to an individual instead of back to
> > the list?
>
> No, this is an excellent default behavior. Better that someone
> has to go through a little trouble to send a message to
> hundreds of people. If the default "reply-to" was set to the
> list, we would all be seeing personal messages that were
> supposed to go to one person, but accidentally got sent
> to the list. Of course, nobody on *this* high-caliber list
> would ever do such a thing... :)

Eggzactly. In mutt (for example), "r" replies to the sender by
default, and "L" replies to the mailing list address (if it is set up
in the conf file to be recognized as a mailing list). That way, the
default behavior "does the right thing", while still leaving an easy
way to reply to the list if desired.

Mutt rocks...to think that I wasted all those years with pine...(don't
tell anybody! *grin*)

Ken Kennedy	| http://www.kenzoid.com	| kenzoid at io.com

 PGP signature