[ale] surviving sans work

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Tue Jan 29 12:11:08 EST 2002

Here's a story for you.  I closed on a house the week of Aug.20.  Same
week I got laid off.  I suspected the layoff was coming but because my
Fiancee was fairly confident we went ahead and closed.  I was still
unemployed when the 'Twin towers fell'.  That was not quite the worst
three weeks of my life but it was close.  I am also getting married in
April.  We had already planned it and we were paying for it ourselves.

Fortunately I have been a cheap bastard for the last few years and have
been saving.  Got the house for a smaller down payment than I was
expecting as well.

I am doing a little contract work but now that employer is having trouble
with payroll.  If I wasn't engaged and had waited on the house I would
probably be traveling somewhere cheap right now.  But we have to live with
our decisions I guess.

Get inside Atlanta's Tech Scene - http://www.atlantageek.com
'Business Intelligence' is not an Oxymoron - http://www.intelliforge.com