[ale] Roll your own init scripts.

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Mon Jan 28 14:35:11 EST 2002

Check out the Linux From Scratch project (www.linuxfromscratch.org).  Their
init scripts are slated for a major update, so their mailing list archives
are full of talk on the subject.

If you're willing to spend the money, the book Running Linux published by
O'Reilly has some great chapters on exactly what happens as the system
boots.

Also, see the "From Power Up To Bash Prompt" page at www.linuxdoc.org.

Krum