[ale] Installation question

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 26 15:17:53 EST 2002

Are you using a single drive or multiples?  I just configured a dual
boot with RedHat7.2 and Win2k with 2 drives.  I already had Red Hat
installed and wanted to add Win2k.  My solution was to unplug the RedHat
drive.  Plug in the Win2k drive as master, install Win2k.  Which
included 6 reboots!  I'd forgotten how lame that is.  I made Win2k slave
drive and Redhat master, edited grub to find the Win2k drive and boom it
works.  If you have a single drive, definitely install Windows first
then Linux.  You may have to boot Linux from a floppy though.

good luck and godspeed